An ongoing project about love
Kiss My Heart collects anonymous stories about the many different types of love we can each experience.
It’s a chance to share stories about those secret loves, beautiful loves, heart breaking loves, unconditional loves, life changing loves, ugly loves, platonic loves, unrequited loves, first loves, surprising loves, frustrating loves, aching loves, suffering and silent loves…
These stories become art installations alongside becoming sets of interactive performances which take place in our little pink tent.
Here’s how it works… Inside the tent is a story of love which has been shared by a stranger especially for you, for an individual, interactive experience.
1. Choose from the three coloured hearts for the level of interaction:
Green: you are comfortable to become fully interactive in the story which may include lying down as if you are staring at the stars, embracing and maybe even verbally participating (THE BEST choice!)
Amber: medium participation, e.g. you feel comfortable with Sarah touching your arm reassuringly or embracing you
Red: you do not wish to participate in the story and would like Sarah to only tell you a story from the other side of the tent
2. You’ll be asked to choose a number which will match one of the postcard stories
3. You’ll be invited into the tent for a story
4. When your story is complete Sarah will give you a blank postcard and a smile!
5. Please take a seat and fill in your own anonymous story and post it in the post box.
Kiss my heart has been performed at Greenroom, Contact, Chorlton Green Festival, Manchester Pride.
This project wouldn’t have been possible without the support of Feminist Webs, Tamzin Forster and hÅb.